Marketing Strategist & Production Maven
A Digital Strategist with over six years experience in social media, online advertising, and content production with a documented record of success in increasing online presence, brand awareness, and overall growth.
Created effective advertising campaigns that salvaged a company from a 50% decline in overall sales in 2014. In two years grew mobile traffic by 122%, overall revenue by 43%, and increased mobile conversion rates by 35%. Relishes a challenge, proactively solves problems, and thrives in creative and fast-paced environments.
Core competencies include:
Digital Marketing, Content Strategy, Social Media Acumen, Community Management, Analytical Perspicacity, Paid Campaign Planning, SEO/SEM, Mobile Savvy, Integrated Marketing, Search/Display Advertising, Multimedia Production Expertise, and Marketing Research, Web Development
Scribie.com San Francisco, CA – Jun 2016 – Present
- Developed and managed full-scale integrated marketing strategy for leading crowd-sourced transcription service that to-date has grown revenue by 45%, reduced abandoned orders by 57% and doubled conversion rates.
- Built search, display, and remarketing campaigns that used various bidding strategies to increase AdWords revenue by 20% and conversion rates by 104%, and grew overall brand awareness in a competitive keyword industry.
- Established email marketing campaigns that to date have generated double-digit revenue growth via MailChimp.
- SEO Strategy: wrote blog posts, created backlinks by leveraging transcription services, and utilized influencer marketing by creating authoritative content. Successes include creating content picked up by websites like Politifact.org, and becoming a top author about transcription in Quora.
Zent Technologies Inc. San Francisco, CA – Jan 2016 – Present
Freelance Marketing Consultant
- Worked directly with founders to engineer on-demand rental operations and logistics.
- Created mobile responsive website via WordPress that featured numerous types of HTML and CSS customizations.
- Created editorial calendar that used photos and videos I shot and edited with Adobe CC and DSLR.
- Developed core product catalog, categorical scheme, and UX for Android and iOS mobile applications.
Freebord Mfg. San Francisco, CA – Oct 2012 – Jun 2016
Director of Marketing
- Directed marketing efforts for global sporting goods brand including social media, multimedia production, PR, athletic team, and customer community management resurrecting the company from a 50% decline in sales.
- Created and grew a large community across multiple social networks like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and vbulletin.
- Used Facebook Ads to grow mobile revenue over 200% and conversion rates by 35% in 2015.
- Wrote and curated social media content increasing following and engagement on Facebook, and Twitter via Buffer.
- Successes include: doubling customers, increasing conversion rates by 16%, exceeding revenue goals by 43% in 2015, developing unique social media voice, and producing viral videos featured on ESPN, Travel Channel, Go Pro, etc.
Freebord Mfg. San Francisco, CA • Aug 2008 – Dec 2011
- Planned and oversaw marketing events for hundreds of riders across eight locations in five states.
- Managed budget, logistics, and media production for marketing events while reporting directly to CEO.
- Uploaded content remotely to company’s CMS system and managed media assets.
- Consulted and filmed for a viral video campaign (Freebord Tetris) that received worldwide attention.
Glass Dynamics, Stoneville, NC • Dec 2011 – Oct 2012
- Created and implemented a B2B marketing strategy utilizing traditional advertising through print and mail.
- Created an integrated website, company logo, and product sample box.
- Implemented analytics and paid search and promotional campaigns.
Bachelor of Science in Media Studies
Google Ad Words & Analytics Certified, Facebook Power Editor, AdRoll, Mail Chimp, WordPress & other CMS, HTML & CSS, Expert Level Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Mixpanel, Marketo
Extensive volunteering and teaching experience, including instructing Boys & Girls Club leadership programs. Currently volunteering at the San Francisco SPCA and San Francisco N.E.R.T as a disaster responder.